Fry's First 100 Sight Words
a, about, all, an, and, are, as, at, be, been, but, by, called, can, come, could, day, did, do, down, each, find, first, for, from, get, go, had, has, have, he, her, him, his, how, I, if, in, into, is, it, like, long, look, made, make, many, may, more, my, no, not, now, number, of, oil, on, one, or, other, out, part, people, said, see, she, sit, so, some, than, that, the, their, them, then, there, these, they, this, time, to, two, up, use, was, water, way, we, were, what, when, which, who, will, with, words, would, write, you, your
Sight Word Activities
- Write words on flash cards and quiz your child.
- Lay out a flash cards on a table and have your child pick a few to make a sentence. They can then write this sentence and draw a picture to go with it.
- Play Hang Man with one word at a time!
- Play Tic-Tac-Toe with your child, instead of using X's & Os', pick one sight word each for that game.
- Rainbow write words with markers, crayons, markers or colored pencils.
- Create a sentence for your child using flash cards, but don't show them the sentence. Mix up the flash cards and have your child try and rearrange them, turning your "silly sentence" into a correct sentence. They can then write and illustrate the sentence.
Have fun with your sight words!